Will you join me?
Happy New Year!
Hope you all had a lovely holiday season and you are looking forward to the New Year with gusto.
I am really looking forward to 2012 and I have LOTS of New Year’s Resolutions… Some of them I’m going to keep to myself but the one major one that I would like to share with you all is my resolution to take more PICTURES! Sometimes I honestly get so caught up in teaching photography and talking about about photography that I neglect the art of actually practicing photography! I know, I do take tons of pictures of my little girls and I love doing that but lately I’ve been craving more. More photography for photography’s sake, rather than taking pictures just because I want to record an event. So I’m going to take more photos. And I want you to join me!
Introducing CameraShy’s Take 52 Project.
Spurred on from the feedback in the Facebook Group and my students here in Atlanta I’ve put together this project for 2012 to inspire a little creativity.
Here’s how it’s going to work:
1. Every Monday I will announce this week’s theme on the blog and on the facebook page.
2. Take some pictures inspired by this theme
3. Pick your best shot
4. Share it with the group before the following Sunday.
- The theme is designed to fire your creative spirit and can be interpreted however you may wish. You can use it to perfect your technical skills, your composition skills or just to photograph ordinary subjects in interesting ways. Whatever you do, if your taking pictures you are practicing your skill and perfecting your art.
- The challenge is open to everyone – it doesn’t matter what type of camera you have or what level you are at, shoot in auto or full manual–just as long as you participate.
- You can share your best shots in the new Flickr group that I created specifically for this project or upload it to the facebook page if you’d prefer. The idea is to receive some feedback on your work and encourage others by commenting on their work.
- Remember that this is a challenge designed to help you practice your skills. Although you might have a photo in your library that would suit the theme take a new photo that week. You can always try and perfect the one you already have and even try to recreate it.
- There are no winners or loosers just a group of like minded photogs!
I hope you’ll join me in participating. Don’t worry if you feel you can’t commit to the whole year – just jump in when you can and have fun!
If you want to be sure to receive notification of each week’s theme sign up below and I send you an email when each theme is posted.
So to kick things off…
The theme for Week 1 is “New”
How easy is that?!
I’m off to get shooting. Hope you are too.
P.S. Be sure to sign up using the form above if you want me to send you each week’s theme.
CameraShy Take 52 Flickr Group Page