Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I’m Ingrid and I’m a business coach, marketing strategist for creative entrepreneurs. I’m also a photography teacher working with students locally here in Atlanta and all over the world in my online courses and coaching programs.
I’ve been involved in the photographic industry since my dad started our family business back home in Monaghan, Ireland in 1989. At the young age of 15, I was catapulted into this fascinating world of lenses, darkrooms, shutter speeds and f stops, and fell in love. My other passion is business and especially marketing which I read at Trinity College, Dublin.
After a brief flirtation with finance post-college (zzzz) and in corporate America when I first moved here to the US (zzz x 10), I made the leap back into entrepreneurship with my business CameraShy. Now my love and photography and love of marketing blend perfectly together as I get to help and coach creatives just starting out on their creative entrepreneurial path.
Some random nonsense I felt called to share….
1. I am obsessed with cameras and photography and it bugs me that so many people have these awesome pieces of equipment and they don’t know how to use them.
2. I’m a bit of a gleek and I just love messing around with technology, my range of Apple products and of course my Canon gear.
3. If it weren’t for working alongside my dad I wouldn’t have such an awesome relationship with one of the coolest guys around or have been inspired and encouraged to be an entrepreneur.
4. That little shop taught me everything I know about business and marketing – the 4 years of university was just a rehash. (That plus about 60 million hours of chatting to my coach/sister/bestie)
5. One day when I was working behind the counter a fine young American man who was spending the summer in Ireland, walked in with a camera he didn’t know how to work. 13 years and 2 little girls later, here I am, living on the other side of the ocean, still talking about photography and cameras to anyone who will listen (on this blog), shop to my dad (on Facetime) and being a full-time mom to boot.
So you see, me and cameras – we go waaaaaay back.
I’m not a Professional portrait photographer, a wedding photographer or nor do I have any of my photos published in the glossy magazines. Most of the photography you’ll see on here is of my family, both here and there.
If you are into photography, check out my blog which is chock full of tutorials and articles to help you with your skills. My aim is to make the camera less intimidating and to teach you the good stuff that will really make a difference to your pictures. If you want to take your skills further check out my online classes here or get in touch about my tailored to you classes.
If you’re thinking about dipping you toe into the entrepreneurial world with your photography skills or any other creative endeavor and would like some support around how to market and grow your business I’d love to invite you to a free 20 minute discovery call – yes on the phone or Skype or Facetime – where I can find out more about you and you can see if you like what I have to say. Here’s the link to book a time on my calendar.
Hope we get to chat soon!